samedi 31 janvier 2009
What was the most significant moment of your career?
When I created bi-extensible fabrics said the stretch for my own minimalist collections Marc Audibet in the 80s, and then when I was the designer for Prada for who I designed the anonymous look for the 90s.
Who are your icons and why?
Ava Gardner as feminine ideal, Gary Cooper as man, Greta Garbo as myth, Anna Magnani as actress and all the Chinese actresses of today.
What are you working on right now?
I am working at the moment on the Winter 2008 Vionnet collection.
What is your definition of LUXURY?
If luxury was:
Silence is the Luxury of our time.
The objects in rock crystal : cups, cutlery, chess game, and skull and Aztec crossbones of the sixteenth century.
A person beautiful inside and outside…
A conversation in front of a cup of tea or a glass of wine.
SPOTS IN YOUR CITY: PARIS
1. What is the best thing about living in your city and why?
Certain imperviousness to time
2. What is the worst and why?
The conservatism and the aggressiveness.
3. What are your favorite places for a dose of culture? Why?
The Louvre and its Egyptian and Mesopotamian galleries, the Guimet Museum and La Maison Rouge, the Orsay Museum and its Carl Theodore Dreyer gallery…
Galleries : The Art galleries and antique shops of the Left Bank
Squares : Place Vendôme and Place de la Concorde
Concert places : The théâtre des Champs Elysées, the Garnier Opera, la salle Pleyel
4. What are your favorite places to shop? And why?
Royal chocolat Debauve & Gallais (30 rue des Saints Pères – 75007 Paris www.debauve-et-gallais.com ) for the chocolate truffes.
GALIGNANI (224, rue de Rivoli 75001 PARIS 01.42.86.09.31) the best English library.
5. What are your favorite places to relax (spas, parks, gardens) Why ?
L'Appartement (217 rue de Saint Honoré) a zen and bio place..
The Luxembourg garden.
The garden of Chateau de Versailles…
6. What are your favorite places to go out? Why?
Cafe Flore, an idea of a mixture of people in Paris
Nightclubs : Baron, the Gibus on Friday (www.gibus.f ) a Parisian melting pot scene…
7. What are your favorite restaurants? Why? Name your favorite dish or cocktail
Le 21 (21, rue Mazarine 75006 PARIS) specialized in fish and the Voltaire restaurant for its excellent traditional French food and Parisian taste…
8. What are your favorite hotels? Why? Please do mention your favorite place inside these hotels.
The Hotel Ritz and its Hemingway bar. The Plaza Athénée and its lounge for tea and drinks.
9. Please do mention something every visitor to your city must do or can't miss.
Crossing the Alexander III bridge in the evening at 6pm in Summer time and look at both sides of the Seine River to see the sky and the horizon.
10. Who is/are your favorite artist/artists?
From Diego Velázquez to Bill Viola via Dan Flavin
11. Who are your favorite music composers?
Igor Stravinsky, Richard Strauss, Phil Glass, the avantgardist pop
12. Who is your favorite designer?
Mies van der Rohe, Shiro Kuramata, Zaha Hadid